Community Leaders Scholarship
The 2019-2020 Community Leaders Scholarship is merit- and community service- based, intended for Colorado high school students who have academically succeeded in high school by earning a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher, and have demonstrated a personal commitment to community service.
Applicants must be at least 17 years old, a Colorado resident, and be a U.S. citizen/eligible non-citizen.
Requirements include: Colorado high school graduate of the 2018-2019 academic year; nomination by a high school counselor or teacher; minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 grading scale (freshmen year through senior year in high school); transcripts from high school; and significant community involvement or volunteer participation.
If your high school does not provide a transcript with grades, you must provide two sources of information to be considered for this scholarship:
o ACT sub test scores with ENGL 18, READ 17, MATH 23 (for placement in College Algebra) or SAT test scores Verbal 470, MATH 580 or higher
o Proof of a competitive process at your high school, or portfolio
Additional Scholarship Information:
• Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 toward an associate degree at RRCC each semester to retain the award.
• Recipients must enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester the award is received.
• Scholarships or financial awards issued by the College or Foundation Office may be reduced if the student qualifies for a need based financial aid award, according to federal or state guidelines.
• Students may only be eligible for one RRCC funded scholarship; Foundation awards excluded.
• Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered.
• Completion of this scholarship application does not guarantee an award. All eligible scholarship applications will be reviewed after the deadline.