Colorado Merit Scholarship for Graduating High School Students
The 2019-2020 Colorado Merit Scholarship is for the spring 2019 high school graduate who has earned a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.25 or higher, and demonstrates motivation and commitment to higher education. Applicants must meet ALL the following requirements to apply.
• Apply for Admission to Red Rocks Community College.
• Has graduated from a Colorado high school in the spring of 2019
• Minimum HS cumulative GPA of 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale)
• Provide an official high school transcript showing date of graduation.
• Be a Colorado resident and eligible for COF (College Opportunity Fund).
• Be a U.S. citizen/eligible non-citizen.
• Submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is highly recommended.
Additional Scholarship Information:
• Students must enroll for a minimum of 6 credit hours at RRCC during the fall and spring semesters. Students need to earn a 3.25 grade point average during the fall to continue to receive the scholarship in the spring.
• The Colorado Merit Scholarship will cover up to $1,000 in tuition and fees per semester, based on credit hours. The award will be adjusted accordingly for enrollment in less than 12 credit hours.
• The scholarship is awarded for the fall and spring semesters. It will not be applicable for the summer semester unless there are extenuating circumstances approved by the Director of Financial Aid.
• Completion of this scholarship application does not guarantee an award. All eligible scholarship applications will be reviewed after the deadline and will be evaluated on a number of criteria. See the Financial Aid Office for additional restrictions.
• This scholarship cannot be combined with any of the following awards: Community Leaders Scholarship, 1st Generation Scholarship, Warren Tech Scholarship, or
Cyber Security Scholarship.