First Generation Scholarship
The 2019-2020 First Generation Scholarship is for first generation students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.25 or higher from a Colorado high school, and demonstrate motivation and commitment to higher education.
Applicants must be at least 17 years old, a Colorado resident, and be a U.S. citizen/eligible non-citizen.
Requirements include: Colorado high school graduate of the 2018-2019 academic year; nomination by a high school counselor or teacher; transcripts from high school; cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale (freshman through senior year); and 1st generation student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree or higher).
If your high school does not provide a transcript with grades, you must provide two sources of information to be considered for this scholarship:
o ACT sub test scores with ENGL 18, READ 17, MATH 23 (for placement in College Algebra) or SAT test scores Verbal 470, MATH 580 or higher
o Proof of a competitive process at your high school, or portfolio
Additional Scholarship Information:
• The First Generation scholarship will prorate based on enrollment.
• Students must enroll for a minimum of 6 credit hours at RRCC during the fall and spring semester and maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
• Scholarships or financial awards issued by the College or Foundation Office may be reduced if the student qualifies for a need-based financial aid award, according to federal or state guidelines.
• Students may only be eligible for one RRCC funded scholarship; Foundation awards excluded.
• Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered.
• Completion of this scholarship application does not guarantee an award. All eligible scholarship applications will be reviewed after the deadline.