RRCC Cyber Security Scholarship Program
The RRCC Cyber Security Scholarship Program is for students enrolled full-time in an Associate’s degree program for Computer Science, Cyber Security Specialist, Network Specialist, Programming Specialist, or Web/Applications Development. Applicants must complete a FAFSA and demonstrate financial need. If selected, applicants must meet with Cyber Security-specific Advisor to the program and must attend scheduled Scholar’s Hours meetings. For more information, please log onto the RRCC website at http://www.rrcc.edu/computer-technology/cyber-security-scholarship.
CSSP Eligibility Criteria
- Seeking an AAS degree in Programming Specialist, Web Development, Network Specialist Program, Cyber Security Specialist, or an AS degree in Computer Science
- Have a 3.0 GPA from an accredited institution (secondary or post-secondary) and demonstrate the ability to successfully complete college-level coursework through transcript or test scores (Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT)
- If awarded, you must be a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours/semester)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Be eligible to receive federal financial aid and demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
CSSP Students will work with a faculty advisor to:
- Develop a CSSP Academic Plan
- Participate in Financial Aid 101
- Participate in weekly CSSP Scholars’ Hour, tentatively scheduled for Tuesdays 12:30pm to 1:30pm
- Discuss academic and professional goals
- Discuss industry opportunities and trends
- Tailor portfolio/capstone projects
- Maintain all scholarship requirements to prevent scholarship rescission
If you fail to meet any of these requirements, financial aid will be reclaimed and you will be responsible for all associated costs for classes. You will also forfeit this scholarship. If this occurs, you may file an appeal with financial aid to have the decision reviewed.
The CSSP Advisory Screening Committee will evaluate applicants based on financial need, high school GPA (3.0), ACT scores (18—English; 17—Reading Comprehension; 23—Math), SAT scores (Verbal 440, Math 570) or Accuplacer scores (95—English; 70—Reading Comprehension; 85—Math), an essay or letter of interest detailing why you deserve this scholarship and how your study within the cyber security field will contribute to your immediate or long-range career plans, and two (2) letters of recommendation from STEM faculty members or industry professionals. Current RRCC students are required to submit college transcripts, as well.
For questions please contact CSSP Advisor Joe Murdock at email@example.com.